This Course is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT to retain and renew the SIA Door Supervisor Licence after 01 October 2021!
*** This Course is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT to retain and renew the SIA Door Supervisor Licence after 01 October 2021 ***
As of 01 April 2021, the Door Supervisor course has increased to 5.5 days to include the additional training requirements set out by the SIA, including the compulsory Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Qualification, which MUST be achieved prior to the commencement of any security training.
This 1.5 Day Up-Skill/Top-Up Course has been implemented to align existing SIA Door Supervisor Licence holders with the updated modules of training.
More information can be found on the SIA website.
The course is run "blended", with 2-3 Hours of E-Learning (Home Self-Study) and 1.5 Days of Face-to-Face Classroom Sessions
Unit 1: Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Identify the different threat levels
- Recognise the common terror attack methods
- Recognise the actions to take in the event of a terror threat
- Identify the procedures for dealing with suspicious items
- Identify behaviours that could indicate suspicious activity
- Identify how to respond to suspicious behaviour
Unit 2: Principals of Using Equipment for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Sector
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
- Recognise equipment used to manage venue capacity
- Recognise the different types of personal protective equipment relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- State the purpose of using bodyworn cameras (BWC)
- Identify how to communicate effectively using relevant equipment
- Demonstrate effective use of communication devices
- Know what actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents
- Know government guidance in relation to global (or critical) incidents
Unit 3: Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
2 Online Assessments, 3 Multiple Choice Exams, 1 Scenario Assessment and 1 Physical Intervention Assessment
Course places are priced at £109.99 per person
For more information on this course please contact the Training Team on 02380 008 999.
As of April 2021, you MUST hold a Verified & Accredited Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Qualification (or equivalent), which must be achieved prior to the commencement of any security training and have at least 12 months remaining until expiry.