This Course is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT to retain and renew the SIA Security Officer/Guard Licence after 01 October 2021!
*** This Course is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT to retain and renew the SIA Security Officer/Guard Licence after 01 October 2021 ***
As of 01 April 2021, the Security Officer/Guard course has increased to include the additional training requirements set out by the SIA, including the compulsory Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Qualification, which MUST be achieved prior to the commencement of any security training.
This 2 Hour Up-Skill/Top-Up Course has been implemented to align existing SIA Security Officer/Guard Licence holders with the updated modules of training.
More information can be found on the SIA website.
The course is run "blended", with 1-2 Hours of E-Learning (Home Self-Study) and a 2 Hour Face-to-Face Classroom Session
Unit 1: Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Identify the different threat levels
- Recognise the common terror attack methods
- Recognise the actions to take in the event of a terror threat
- Identify the procedures for dealing with suspicious items
- Identify behaviours that could indicate suspicious activity
- Identify how to respond to suspicious behaviour
Unit 2: Principles of Minimising Personal Risk for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
- Know how to minimise risk to personal safety at work
- Know what actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents
- Know government guidance in relation to global (or critical) incidents
2 Online Assessments, 2 Multiple Choice Exams and 1 Workbook
Course places are priced at £99.99 per person
For more information on this course please contact the Training Team on 02380 008 999.
As of April 2021, you MUST hold a Verified & Accredited Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Qualification (or equivalent), which must be achieved prior to the commencement of any security training and have at least 12 months remaining until expiry.